Welcome to Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand
Know as Korat (โคราช)to the locals. Nakhon Ratchasima marks the beginning of the Issan region. It is Thailand’s largest province by land area.
Where To Stay In Nakhon Ratchasima:
Videos of Korat:
- 24 Hour Market (Mae Kim Heng New Market ตลาดใหม่แม่กิมเฮง): Located between Suranaree and Pho Klang Roads. Just East of Suan Rak Park. 5 minute walk from the Ya Moh monument.
- 100 Year Market: Located on Mukkamontri Road near Pumrak Park. Opens up at around 5PM and gets pretty busy as the night progresses. Mainly Thai people, do not be suprised if you do not see any forigners here. This place reminded me a little of the Chiang Rai night Bazaar except no live stage.
- Save One Night Market: Located on Mittraphap Road and open at 6pm. Has Lots of food, clothing even pets and animals.
- Bung Ta Lua Water Park (สวนน้ำบุ่งตาหลั่ว): Beautifuly maintained park based around a lake. Has a running track. Shop there sells fresh coconuts every morning. Not injected with glucose. Opens from 5am till 8pm daily.
- Pumrak Park (สวนภูมิรักษ์: Located just a few minutes from the 100 Year Market. In the evening street food vendors set up shop outside along Mukkamontri Rd.
Things to See and Do:
Ya Mo Statue: Located in the town center.