Melbourne is Australia‘s number one and most livable city. It is the second largest in terms of population.
You have New South Whales (Sydney) towards the North, New Zealand with The Tasman Sea to the East, Tasmania (Hobart) down South, and South Australia (Adelaide) to the West.
Melbourne is well know for its cafes, fine food, dining, art and gardens.
You will never be short of finding things to see or do. However you may find you self short on money. It will not take you long to discover just how expensive everything here is.
Where to stay in Melbourne?
Welcome to Melbourne, Australia.
Where to Eat in Melbourne?
- Queen Victoria Market Melbourne’s Favourite Market. Melbourne most well know market
- South Melbourne Market: Located in South Melbourne. Open Wednesday and Weekends 8am – 4pm. Fridays 8am – 5pm
- Melbourne’s Free Tram Zone Travel for FREE
- Flinders Street Station – Iconic Train Station
- How to get to the airport from the city?
Things to See and Do:
- Swanston Street Guide: Main street in the city, where most places of interest can be found.
- Hosier Lane (Street Art Graffiti Alley): Opposite Federation Square. Laneway covered in street art between Flinders Street and Flinders Lane.
- Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
- Australian Centre for Moving Image (@ federation Square)
- Ice Skating at Ice House Docklands
- Old Treasury Building Melbourne
- Melbourne Town Hall on Swanston Street
- Parliament House Melbourne on Spring Street
- Rock Climbing @ Hardrock on Swanston Street
- Lincoln Square Park and Bali Bombing Memorial on Swanston Street
- Carlton Gardens
- Melbourne General Cemetery @ the end of Swanston Street
- 7 Places To See in the CBD of Melbourne
- State Library of Victoria on Swanston Street
- Melbourne Aquarium Sea Life on the Yarra River
- Melbourne Immigration Museum on Flinders Street
- St Patricks Cathedral in East Melbourne
- Old Melbourne Gaol on Russell Street
- Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne’s Favourite Market
- Federation Square Melbourne the Crooked Square
Thai Food Melbourne Thai Food Melbourne. If you love Thai food, it is easy to find in Melbourne. Just do not expect to be paying Thai prices. Try 10 x or 15 x. Below is a collection of Thai food Restaurants, food courts, etc. I have come across during my time in Melbourne Australia. This […]
Hosier Lane Melbourne’s Grafiti Alley Melbourne‘s Hosier Lane is known for its street art and graffiti. The small cobbled stone lane is covered in street art. You will find all sorts of street art works all along Hosier and Rutledge Lane. Where is Hosier Lane? Just across the street from Federation Square. More precicely opposite […]
Melbourne Star Observation Wheel Where is the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel? Its located at 101 Waterfront Way Docklands, Melbourne Vic. 3008 How Much Does It Cost? Prices start from $34 per adult or $20 for children under 15. Family and group passes are also available. What Times Does It Operate? 10am to 10pm daily 7 days […]
Australian Centre for Moving Image Where is the Australian Centre for Moving Image (ACMI)? Federation Square, Flinders St, Melbourne VIC Australia 3000 How Much Does It Cost? Depends on the exhibition but generally it is around $40 per adult. When is it Open? Monday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Tuesday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Wednesday […]
Icehouse Ice Skating Melbourne Want to go Ice Skating in Melbourne? Medibank Icehouse 105 Pearl River Rd Docklands VIC Australia 3008 When is it Open? Monday 9:00 am – 3:45 pm Tuesday 9:00 am – 3:45 pm, 7:00 – 10:00 pm Wednesday 9:00 am – 3:45 pm Thursday 9:00 am – 3:45 pm, 7:00 – […]
Old Treasury Building Melbourne Where is the Old Treasury Building Melbourne? The Old Treasury Building 20 Spring St East Melbourne VIC Australia 3002 When is it Open? Monday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm Tuesday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm Wednesday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm Thursday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm Friday 9:30 am – 5:00 […]
Melbourne Town Hall
Parliament House Where is the Parliament House Building? Spring St East Melbourne VIC Australia 3002 When is it Opened? Monday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Tuesday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Wednesday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Thursday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Saturday Closed Sunday Closed
Hardrock Climbing Indoor Rock Climbing in Melbourne’s City
Melbourne General Cemetery
State Library of Victoria Where is the State Library of Victoria? 328 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC Australia 3000 When is it open? Monday to Thursday 10am–9pm Friday to Sunday 10am–6pm The Library Lawn The lawn is a very popular place for local city workers as well as student to have lunch. Originally the are was […]
Melbourne Aquarium Where is the Melbourne Aquarium? On the corner of King Street & Flinders St Melbourne VIC 3000 When is it Open? 09:30am to 5pm daily How Much does it cost? Online booksing are 10% cheaper then a walk in buy. Adults are around $30, children up to 15 are $17.60, concession and family passes. Yearly passes also […]